Owner: Sacramento County Regional Parks (916) 875-6961
Public Access: yes
Location: Click Here
Related Website: Click Here
Access Via: Public road
Fishing Regulations: Click Here
Fishing Supplement: Click Here
• Paved Lot Boating Facilities
• Boat Ramp(s) • Manual Put-in/Put-out • Boat Dock/Landing • Boat Trailer Parking Pedestrian Access
• ADA Accessible • Paved Walkways • Trails Picnic Facilities
• Picnic Table(s) • Barbecue Grill(s)/Pit(s) • Turf Area • Tree Shaded Water
• Potable Water • Drinking Fountains Bathrooms
• Flush Toilets & Sinks Other Facilities
• Informational kiosk
The park is located beside I-5 in downtown Sacramento. From I-5 take the Richards Blvd. off-ramp then go west to get to the south entrance of the park, or follow the Garden Highway exit east from I-5 to find the north entrance. Signs denote the park's location from I-5.
Discovery Park is a 160 acre park that is located at the center of Sacramento, where the American and Sacramento rivers meet. The boat launch allows boaters access to both the American and Sacramento rivers. Has bike trials, reservable picnic areas, and a playground.
The park is open year round from sunrise to sunset. Parking fees are collected 365 days a year.
Current Land Use
Adjacent Land Use
Urban land use.
There are multiple entrances all with directional signs from the street. There are also directional signs from Interstate 5.